There was a lot going on at Wilf's in the Mill Yard including:
- the community apple press operated by the South Lakeland Orchard Group
- Staveley Kookaburra All Stars samba drumming band
- Story telling with Nick Hennessy (had my daughter and I hooked!):
- The Westmorland Step and Garland Dancers for traditional dancing
- The ceilidh band Common Ground
- Staveley Street Dancers
- Sam Robinson the Banjo Man
- A produce stall for cakes featuring apples
- The "Big Draw" which is a national community draw event and today the theme was Keep your eyes peeled
- A longest apple peel competition - at 9 cm my daughter wasn't anywhere near the winning length!
- Apple bobbing which seemed to result in some very wet children...
- Apple rolling at which my daughter came close to reaching the best length.
- Apple tasting to introduce us to some more unusual apple varieties
All in all a great day out for all ages and I'm certainly looking forward to next year!