Saturday 6 July 2019

Reasons to be cheerful: Social, running, Kendal and otters #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart 

Michelle has handed the hosting baton to me for this month after looking after us for June. So I am making sure that this post is ready to go on time! It has been a pretty good week for me and I look forward to seeing what has made you happy too. So I had better kick off with just some of things that have made me cheerful this week:

1) Helm Hill Junior Social

On a rather warm Saturday I joined in with many other parents and juniors for the first Helm Hill Junior social. As you can see the fun started with the warm up which was fruity themed, we were squeezing the orange at this point!


Then we went on different runs in 3 groups. I stuck with the youngest runners and my son went off with the oldest ones. On the return we had a buffet and then had a Q&A with some senior runners.

2) Long Run in the Countryside



I had a much overdue long run out on the old canal:



Due to the humidity it wasn't as long as I intended but it was lovely to be out in the peace and quiet.

3) Appreciating Kendal



I had to go into town after to work to complete some errands. On the way back I took my time to appreciate the old town centre and some of our lovely buildings:




4) Otterly devine

I went on a school trip to the Lakes Aquarium, which I hadn't been to since our Windermere Cruise day. My favourite part is definitely the otters. They are just gorgeous animals to see up close:


So that's just a few of things making me smile this week, now it's over to you...

Join In and Share the Happiness!


I love to read your Reasons to be Cheerful and it is easy to join in with no complicated rules -

1. Link up a post about something that is making you super happy/ grateful. It can be in this style or it can be anything you like

2. Add the #R2BC badge onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they fancy

3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and why not share with #R2BC too?



 R2BC at Mummy from the Heart





get the InLinkz code

8 comments:

  1. I will never get tired of your beautiful photos of where you live. Sounds like you have your running mojo in top gear. Have another good week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the fruit themed warm up, start the day with some fun! I also love otters, I spent ages watching and photographing them went at the British Wildlife centre last summer. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos as always and glad you got out to run in between your very busy schedule x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just need to keep it up! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could watch them for hours....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making running a priority for my physical and mental health - I know you understand that!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message