Thursday 20 September 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Coraline and more #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

Miraculously I am joining in with Michelle on the actual morning of the linky this week! I am recovering from a cold and feeling so much better than I have since Friday night.... That is a big reason to be cheerful but here are my smaller ones:

1) Coraline

My daughter had the part of Coraline in her school's Torchlight entry. She was easy to spot with her bright yellow jacket:


This is a taste of the energy on her float as they had been going for 1.5 hours by this point and were nearly finished:


2) Star of the Week

As a teacher I would hope that all the children in a class would at some point get the Star of the Week. However for my son to get it on the first full week of school must mean he has done something to impress his form tutor:



3) Teaching

I've had 1.5 days covering the same class at a primary school this week. Its wonderful being in a classroom doing what I've trained to do. Being told by the children I was amazing was icing on the cake (the joys of 8 year olds!). We had fun making these skeleton puppets too:




4) Sunset

Storm Helene left quite a bit of minor damage in her wake yesterday but she had passed over by sunset which turned out to be quite a stunner:



I will be popping by later to check on the other posts in the linky:



4 comments:

  1. Yay, great to see you on a Thursday morning, glad you're feeling better and it sounds like its been a good week. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sometimes find yourself doing arts and crafts with a class and thinking, "I can't believe I do this for a living?" The torch light parade looks fun too. And I know what you mean about the first Star of the Week award - you need to set the bar high at the beginning or no one will bother to stretch themselves, so well done your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your daughters Coraline costume. My girls absolutely love Coraline.
    We watched it at least 3 times per day.
    Well done to your son on getting Star of the Week! Fantastic!!
    Stacy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That parade looks so much fun, glad your daughter was able to take part. Well done to your son, and well done to you for being amazing even with a bad cold. Also love the sunset and skeleton puppet photos too x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message