Monday 11 December 2017

Recipe Monday: Roasted Vegetable Soup

I know full well that I am not eating enough vegetables so I seized the chance today to remedy that as I had a colourful array of vegetables waiting to be eaten:


I chopped up some of each colour carrot, a few parsnips and the red onion and tossed them in olive oil with some of my flavoured salt:




These were then roasted at Gas Mark 7 (425 F/220 C) for 30 minutes and were tossed half way through cooking:



Meanwhile I had made it easier to peel the squash by microwaving it first using this method:

  • chop off the ends of the squash
  • prick all over with a fork
  • microwave for 3.5 minutes

Then I tossed the squash in a the same mix before roasting for 40 minutes (again tossing half way through). I added the two lots of vegetables together:




and when sufficiently mixed I put them in a blender with some vegetable stock:



I kept on blitzing and adding stock until the soup was the thickness I desired:




I thoroughly enjoyed a large bowl of my soup with some bread and butter and even kept enough for lunch tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I can't wait to try it, a perfect recipe for this cold weather that we're having :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it though next time I will put less salt in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you had the pefect lunch with vegetable soup. In general, the soup it`s always good idea! I want to have the chance to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message