Thursday 14 December 2017

Reasons to be Cheerful: A week of cheer! #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

Are we really almost half way through December already? I can't believe in less than a fortnight it will be Christmas Day! At least there are plenty of festive frolics to make me cheerful now. I am also watching season 2 of the Crown as I type which I am thoroughly enjoying! Here are my 7 main reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Community Coffee Morning 

We had a Christmas coffee morning as a community as we had Big Lottery fund money left over from our playground opening in the summer. One of our residents is a professional cook and she made all these wonderful goodies for us to enjoy:


2) Magical Kendal

Whilst out to scope out shots for our latest Fell running video I saw how magical Fletcher Park was looking in the wintry light:


3) Fabulous Frost
We had such hard frosts in the cold snap that they worked magic on all sorts of things such as our postbox:


4) Satisfying Fixes

This slinky had been out of action of ages due to being twisted. I spent ages careful untangling it so it is useable again (and if anyone tangles it again...):


5) Girly Board Game

I had so much fun playing Super Scrabble with my daughter and my mum. We all love our word games and it was a highly competitive match in which my daughter eventually beat us:


6) House Sorting

The upside of being underemployed is that I have had more time to carry on with sorting out the house. I finally plucked up the courage to balance on the landing to get the light fitting I bought 2 months ago up on the light (only been a bare bulb for 2.5 years!):


I have also made big strides at sorting out the office space and have used it a fair bit. Still work to do but its very satisfying.

7) Winning Things

Its the time of year when Facebook is full of competitions to win things for Christmas. I have been lucky and won 2 so far. The contents of the box will remain secret for now:


So do join us and visit each other to share the reasons to be cheerful love!

2 comments:

  1. Good going with your win and all those baked goodies look fabulous. Have a super week, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Cruickshank19 December 2017 at 21:39

    I've just moved my desk from the dining room up into the spare bedroom. I don't know why, but it just feels like a better space to work in (maybe because it's less public)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message