All we have managed to do is put in some Ikea Algot shelving for camping gear and our large collection of sports shoes:
The previous tenant had various pets and we think that they may have done a few tinkles in this room so we need to rip out the flooring and replace it with something fresh. Unfortunately being lino on bitumen its been a tough job:
I posted the above photo on Instagram to get some ideas from people as to what we can do without spending an arm and a leg. Here are some of the great ideas:
- box in all the pipe work
- obtain end of line vinyl tiles or roll to replace existing flooring
- paint the walls in a light colour and either put up my photos or paint a window behind the loo
- put up some cheerful wallpaper
- get creative with storage
- change the toilet seat and get rid of the sticker!
Can you think of anything else we can do that doesn't cost the earth? We do also have a tumble dryer in there awaiting an electrician to wire in permanent plug:
This room is definitely top of my hit list for this quarter of the year so watch this space..