Saturday 24 January 2015

#CountryKids in Stratford upon Avon

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall


It is about time I wrote about our New Year's Day adventures in Stratford upon Avon. I have already written about our day at Warwick Castle. On the first day of the year I thought it sensible to walk off the excesses of the night before and get some fresh air into all of us. So we left the Youth Hostel for the short walk into town:


It was definitely not a short walk! Luckily we had plenty of things to look at the way in such as lovely houses and eventually the river. It took use over 30 minutes to get into the town and I had two starving children by the time we got there... So we grabbed a bite to eat before exploring the streets of the town.

There is certainly plenty to see and its not all history:


This was directly opposite the Shakespeare birthplace and bookshop. On this occasion we didn't go in properly as there wasn't time to make a worthwhile visit. My children were intrigued by the outside (and the bookshop) though:



By now we were all a bit chilly so popped into the MAD Museum next door as other families had enjoyed it the day before:


It was certainly a great place for all of us to warm up and enjoy the intriguing mechanical art works:


Hands on museums are certainly the best for families:


My son fancies being an engineer when he grows up so hopefully this added some more inspiration:


It was certainly lots of fun:


Then it was back to a nearby pub for a belated pudding before walking back to the hostel. I would certainly like to go back to the town for a longer stay and the children would too.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos - what beautiful owls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coombe Mill (Fiona)24 January 2015 at 21:35

    I admire him so much and I'm so pleased he wasn't last, it might have put him off and that would be such a shame. Burrr to that freezing water, he is a real trooper! Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coombe Mill (Fiona)24 January 2015 at 21:47

    Some great looking kit there and brave to be out in the damp and cold, I bet that lovely new jacket had a soggy back mud line up the back by the end, here speaks the voice of experience always worth it though! Love your moving clips. Thank you for sharing on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. she stayed on the road so not too bad just the cold! long trousers for next time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am v proud of him! Having a week off this week :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message