Wednesday 15 October 2014

Workout Wednesday

Last week turned out to be pretty poor exercise wise with just the one run! This week I was determined to do better but with birthdays and ill children I only marginally improved..

Last night I went to part 1 of 3 free taster sessions of circuit training at PB Fitcamp. It started off gently enough on the warm up and then we were shown the various parts of the circuit including:

  • press ups
  • Russian twists
  • military press
  • burpees
  • squats
  • lunges
  • lateral jumps
  • and a thumbs up back stretching thing!

We had to do each exercise for 20 seconds during the circuit and then had 10 seconds to get in position for the next one! I have to say that I was better at squats and lunges but totally useless at burpees... After a drink break we repeated the circuit 2 more times. At the end we had a legs finish with repeated squats and a loooooooong hold in the lowest position. My legs were burning so it must have been good!

I get to repeat this on Thursday evening (indoors) and Sunday morning (outdoors) to complete the 7 day session. I have to say I am tempted to go regularly but maybe just once a week! Today I found it increasingly hard to change from a sitting to standing position and vice versa as I had worked my muscles so hard.

Tonight I finally got out for a run and with a week off was a bit worried about having to move up to the next level. The programme was for a 30 minute run, 5 minute walk and a 15 minute final run (with warm up and cool down walks). Unlike last week it was a dry night so I set off on to my slightly longer route. I was very pleased with myself for not feeling like I was dying when the app beeped at me to slow down and walk, although it was great to have a 5 minute recovery! A good temperature for running though I still worked up a sweat. Not my fastest ever time but I do feel like I am getting there again:


With my first Parkrun at Fell Foot park this weekend I am feeling a bit more confident that I won't embarrass myself - although I bet my son will beat me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message