Thursday 16 October 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Birthday Edition 2014! #R2BC

Ojos World

The super duper Jo is still the host for the blog hop this month. Make her day and pop over and say hello! As for me I have been smiling for most of the last week as 2 out of the 2 of us have had our birthdays. So here are the reasons to smile:

1) My birthday

Apart from the fact I am a year older I love having a birthday! I was spoiled with breakfast in bed and lots of cards and some lovely gifts. Some I will use towards my student bits but I did treat myself to a new sewing box as mine was broken:


2) Big girl's birthday

The day after my birthday my daughter turned 11. It was an odd day for me as I only saw her for 10 minutes at breakfast time but I was able to watch her open some cards and presents:


She then headed off on a school residential and only gets home on Friday!

3) Games night

Now the nights are drawing in and its getting dark before bedtime I have reintroduced Sunday games night. To make sure both children were happy I played with each of them in turn at a game of their choice whilst their sibling had a good long soak in the bath. This is the game my son chose:


His sister and I played cribbage and I was trounched!

I am sure there were plenty of other reasons to be cheerful but sticking to my 3. Please join in and share yours...


6 comments:

  1. Lovely reasons! My son is gonna be 11 on Monday.. I can't quite believe he'll be ELEVEN! Time has gone so fast. x



    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I missed your birthday! Happy birthday too you and your gorgeous girl, I hope she had an amazing time away. My youngest has stated to show an interest in simple board games, Sunday game night sounds like a good idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for Blue Sky18 October 2014 at 13:27

    Happy Birthday to you and your beautiful girl, hope you are not missing her too much xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are enjoying time indoors as well. That's one of the upsides for Autumn. Cute sewing box. Happy Belated birthday to you and your little girl :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message