Saturday 30 August 2014

Oakwood Theme Park, Pembrokeshire

On the second day of our holiday the group all headed to Oakwood Theme Park which a popular destination for thrill seekers. We were a mixed group and most of the families found something to suit them. My son had paired up with a boy a similar age and my daughter vanished off with her new chum and his mum. Our day started fairly sedately with the bob sleigh:


I love these rides having been on the one in Robin Hill Country Park but it was my son's first ever. He got a bit more than he bargained for as the ride was paused when he was nearly at the top as the next sled hadn't engaged on the chain.. 


I had to slow down on my sled as the boys in the front were far too cautious! For me a gentle start to my day of fun.

When we got off the big wooden roller coaster Megaphobia had started running so we all headed for the back of the queue. We had nearly 60 minutes to get nervous about the size of it but none of us wimped out even my 7 year old was keen to go:


After all the waiting the ride was over in 1 minute and 40 seconds of exhilaration! I have to admit to closing my eyes before the first big drop but the wiggle bits after that were pretty scary as well. The fact that the coaster is wooden and rattles is extra disconcerting..

None of us wanted to go on the other big ride Speed which had a past vertical drop, but my daughter went on with another mum in the group. Apparently she came off shaking! There were plenty of other great rides that we all enjoyed. The tree top coaster was great through the trees and went pretty fast. 

It was great that the boys had paired up as it meant they could go on the wet rides together and the mums stayed dry:


My son really has turned a corner when it comes to doing these sorts of things as he wouldn't go on a ride similar to this when we were at Butlins in October:


Towards the end of the day and in the rain we headed back to do Megaphobia again. It was worth the 60 minutes of waiting and went even faster with wet tracks! I snapped this pic of me on the official photo holding on for grim death:


I caught up with my daughter eventually and we rounded off the day with a log flume ride on Skull Island which was a brand new ride. It seemed a lot steeper than the one at Legoland but was a fun way to end the day.

Apparently we got off lightly with 1 hour queues as the park had been heaving the day before. Good job we had all braved the dodgy weather. Not sure I would go again but it was certainly a fun experience.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a great time! Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab place to visit.....That last photo is brilliant x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message