Friday 20 September 2013

Friday Recipe Swap: Ratatouille and Soup



Its been a year since I did the recipe swap but now its getting cold again its time to fire things up. I was also challenged by Helen at Fuss Free Flavours to blog recipes so good time to start! So please join in with the weekly theme with posts new or old and add your links. You have a week to join in!

This week thanks to a friend having a glut of courgettes that supplies the theme of vegetables! I came home with a couple of courgettes and an onion and sought inspiration from my food stores. The ingredients I used were:

  • spray oil
  • 1 onion
  • 1 green courgette
  • 2 yellow courgettes
  • 1 can chopped tomatoes
  • thyme and pepper to season

It was such a simple dish to make. I softened the chopped onion in the oil then threw in the rest of the ingredients and mixed them together. Then I put the lid on a left them to simmer whilst supervising bed time!




I would recommend keeping a closer eye on the pan than I did as mine ended up slightly too soft but it made a yummy supper of ratatouille:



The next day I had some left over so I blitzed three quarters of it in the blender (a bit of added vegetable stock would make a smoother result):



Then before reheating I mixed in the last of the unblended ratatouille to give some bite to the soup:



A cheap, cheerful and quick way to a healthy couple of autumn/winter warmers. So please join in the linky and add your yummy recipes using vegetables to help us all keep warm and healthy whilst the chill lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message