Thursday 23 June 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XIV (#R2BC)

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Here we go on my Reasons to be Cheerful this week:

1) Race for Life

It may have been cool and damp but along with 800 plus people my daughter and I did it! For the full details read here. It is an amazing event to take part in and not just because its raising money for a great cause.


@Vickyhun and myself at the finish
2) London 2012



I'm one of the lucky ones who got an event in the Olympics 2012 draw. This may be the only chance my children and I ever get to go to an Olympics so it was a relief that we managed to get tickets for one event at the cheapest rates. It turned out today that it's for an early athletics round actually in the stadium and at least one friend is going to be at the same even with her grandchildren. Being the cheap seats I guess we'll be right at the top of the stadium but it should be an awesome experience even if we need binoculars to see the action! The thought of being on my won with an 8 and 5 year old in an 80,000 seater stadium is quite scary but I'm sure I'll be fine on the day... Only 14 months to wait now until the actual event  - just need to blag some beds down south to make it a lovely weekend away...





3) Secret Post Club

It's been a another lovely secret post club month. Getting a mystery parcel delivered is such a thrill. This month I was sent something from Heather at Notes From Lapland:


A lovely mug which arrived beautifully gift wrapped from the Literary Gift Company, you can tell Heather did her research to choose the right present for me! It was also great to hear from Michelle that she loved the crafty bits and pieces I sent her. Roll on next month's exchange!

3 comments:

  1. Great list, I was an unlucky one and we missed out on tickets, but hey, it happens. Hope you have a fab time when they eventually come round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! You must be so proud! And enjoy the Olympics, it's not my sort of thing but I think it will be amazing to see it in London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the Race for Life, sucha great cause and good fun too.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message