Wednesday 13 January 2010

Through my window

This is my first attempt at Sleep is for the Weak's Writing Workshop so please bear with me!



When I look out my bedroom window I see the view that helped to sell my house to me. It's a stunning view of Hastings Castle and the Channel. The house may be chaotic and need of renovation but I get up in the morning and the first thing I see is that castle when I open the curtains.


I first looked out that window when I was newly married (3 months) and newly pregnant (2 months) and with a whole new exciting life opening up before me.....


Six and half years on a lot has changed, I now have 2 wonderful children but the husband has moved out. I will be losing that view sometime this year as I have to leave the house in which I have brought up my children so far. I doubt I will get a new home with such a view but I will always remember it.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a beautiful view. And I'm sure it will be bitter/sweet to leave it behind when you move too.

    Thanks so much for taking part in the workshop and sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josie yes bitter sweet as we had such plans & dreams when we moved in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a stunning view too...one that we will lose as well.
    It's so hard this divorce malarky!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message