Thursday 21 November 2019

AD: Rescued from Landfill: Basecamp 70 Bucket Bag

AD

When I asked to check out some recycled outdoor bags made by a local company, Rescued from Landfill, I immediately said yes! As regular readers know we spend a lot of time outdoors getting mucky and wet and this was a perfect item for us.

I was sent a Basecamp 70 Bucket Bag which arrived beautifully wrapped:

Rescued from Landfill Basecamp 70 Bucket Bag

It was very impressive how big the bag actually was when I fully opened it out:

Rescued from Landfill Basecamp 70 Bucket Bag

Features:
  • Draw string top
  • Key holder clip inside
  • 70 litres capacity
  • Strong hanging loop
  • 450mm high (excluding handles) 450mm diameter

The bag is 98% recycled materials which includes seatbelts that are rescued from scrapyards like this:





A post shared by Rescued From Landfill (@rescuedfromlandfill) on

The first test of the bag was at the NW Regional finals of the English schools' cross country cup where my son was running:

Rescued from Landfill Basecamp 70 Bucket Bag

After he had run through this lot it was great to be able to just shove wet and muddy kit into the bag without worrying about it:


I hadn't been able to test how waterproof the bag was from the outside as it hadn't rained, so this weekend I took it with me to film on Arnside Knott:

Rescued from Landfill Basecamp 70 Bucket Bag

On this occasion the Cumbrian weather lived up to its reputation and the bag got a more thorough testing:

Rescued from Landfill Basecamp 70 Bucket Bag

The drawstring inner kept the top dry whilst the rain just beaded off the outside. Those seatbelt handles made the bag comfortable to carry either on my shoulder or in my hand as I moved about filming.

I would certainly recommend this bag to anyone with an active, muddy outdoors lifestyle! Not only does it do a great job it is helping the environment by being made mostly from recycled materials. There is a wide range of bags and items on the Etsy store and I have my eye on a Festival Duffel bag. Which item do you fancy? 

I received the bag in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message