Friday 4 October 2019

YoungMinds fighting for young people's mental health


I have decided that I need to let a charity benefit from my bonkers birthday idea of running the Manchester Half Marathon. I asked my children who I should support and my daughter immediately suggested YoungMinds:


As a family we know from personal experience what an impact mental health issues can have on young people and their families. We also know that the NHS does not have enough funding for its Child Adolescent Mental Health Services which means young people do not receive the help and support they need to get through tough times.

There I have set up a Just Giving page for the half marathon in aid of YoungMinds. My daughter and I also created birthday fundraisers on Facebook (her birthday is the day after mine!) and so far have raised £79 for the charity. 




This is such a vital, yet neglected, area as helping young people quickly can reduce the risk of self harm and suicide. Please make a donation, however small, to help this brilliant charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message