Saturday 7 September 2019

Reasons to be cheerful: Back to School #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart 

It's September which means back to school for many of us and the hosting of Reasons to be Cheerful comes back to me from Michelle! So glad that so many familiar faces are joining in and I look forward to reading and sharing your posts. I've just come back from an 8.5 mile run and the happy endorphins are flowing so here are just a few of the things that have made me smile this week:

1) House sorting

It is still a work in progress but lots of things have got better. I swapped a chest of drawers with a book case in my bedroom so my bed feels less enclosed. My dad fixed the Algot shelving in the cupboard of doom so I can be much more organised. We had a patch of damp in the lounge and this has now been fixed and patched up. Just have to decorate once all the works in the lounge have been done: 

plastered wall

2) Walking to work

I have missed my daily commute across the River Kent. It lifts the spirits taking in the water and sky:


View of River Kent from Romney Bridge, Kendal, Cumbria

3) Into Year 8

My son went back to school and he is now in Year 8. He had to stand one step down for the annual in front of the door photo as he has grown so much this year:

back to school

4) Getting faster and going further

I went out today and did my 6th longest run ever at 8.5 miles and my fastest 10 km for 2 years (7th fastest ever!). The half marathon is just over 5 weeks away so let's hope training continues to go well:


smiling runner


How To Join In:


I love reading your Reasons to be Cheerful and it is so simple to join in:


1. Link up a post about something that is making you happy or grateful. It can be a list, photos or any way you fancy

2. Add the #R2BC badge onto your post or blog so that people can easily find the linky and join in too if they want to

3. Share the love. This is the really important bit. Please don't just link and run, comment on at least a couple of posts and why not share with #R2BC too?

I'll stop by all linked up posts to comment and I'll share on social media too


get the InLinkz code

 R2BC at Mummy from the Heart






6 comments:

  1. Your son is one good looking dude. Well done on the running and good luck for the half marathon. I'm looking forward to after pictures of your house. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love house sorting, I find this time of the year best, with them going back to school. Your boy is shouting up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately for me I am back to school too! He is a bit of a giant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you think so. Thank you. Hope it won't be long until I share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on the house, especially as we're heading into the cooler weather, your son is really growing up and well done on both of your running exploits x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message