Wednesday 2 May 2018

#CountryKids at the Kendal Colour Dash 2018

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall 


On Sunday my son and I donned white t-shirts and joined approximately 1,400 people of all ages to take part in the Kendal Colour Dash. This was my 4th and his 3rd colour dash which raises money for our local hospice. We started by covering ourselves in the powders that we had bought ourselves:


My son then abandoned me to find his friends so I warmed up with the crowd. He ended up near the front of the start whereas I was somewhere nearer the back so he got a flying start and I was held up in the crowd! I recorded my run on the head cam as well as snapping some pics on my phone:



It was certainly an explosion of colour even if there wasn't much dash for those of us in the main crowd:



As well as the colour stations we were entertained by this drumming group:


We had a route around the castle and then up the hill before heading back to where we started:


The canal was a slightly different colour on the return than on the way out:


It wasn't only the canal that had changed colour:


We had definitely earned our post run treat as well as our medals!






15 comments:

  1. Baby Isabella5 May 2018 at 08:11

    That’s amazing! We’d love to do a colour dash. Our friend is doing a half marathon around your way this weekend! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Isabella5 May 2018 at 08:17

    Sounds like quite a race! My daddy is doing the 3 peaks challenge in June and is training hard for it! #CountryKids x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mummyconstant5 May 2018 at 09:57

    Great photos. I think my husband did this - or its on his to do list. The walk looks fabulous, so many amazing views :)

    Popping over from #CountryKids xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mummyconstant5 May 2018 at 09:57

    WOW I love all that colour, what a fabulous activity for the family.
    Popping over from #CountryKids xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the views from the top are incredible.

    That sounds like one heck of a race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coombe Mill (Fiona)5 May 2018 at 11:33

    Wow what a challenge this is, I'd love to be fit enough to do something like this but it will never happen. Hats off to all those men completing the race and to you and your son walking and recording it all, it must be lovely for the runners to look back over the event through your lens and see the gorgeous views they probably failed to appreciate whilst running!

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coombe Mill (Fiona)5 May 2018 at 11:36

    I love the look of this, it is running at it's most fun and a great looking community spirit to it too. Such wonderful captures of all that colour being splattered and of your son enjoying a well deserved ice cream at the finish.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning setting for a challenging run, I'm in awe of those runners and lovely that you could record their achievements too #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a lot of fun, I have friends who run them down here regularly #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  11. West Country Mum6 May 2018 at 20:12

    Wow! What an incredible race - some of the looks on people's faces show just how hard it is. What an achievement #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  12. West Country Mum6 May 2018 at 20:14

    I love a Colour Run - we are doing one next weekend for our local hospice. It's such great fun and raises so much money. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I admire those runners. And an impressive walk in for you guys just watching! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of a colour dash. What is in the powder used, presumably it's biodegradable and water safe? #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helena “TheQueenofCollage” Ash10 May 2018 at 12:51

    This sounds like great fun apart from the hill. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message