Monday 26 February 2018

Kendal Winter League at Sedbergh School #CountryKids

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

This Sunday I set off to what is traditionally a mudbath of a fell race My son had headed off to Blackpool with Gramps for an indoor athletics competition so this time it was just me. I had had to scrape ice off the car to leave and some of the route was a bit icy but oh boy was the view lovely. In fact I had to find a legal place to stop and capture it:


I arrived in plenty of time to use the car park at Sedbergh School and then walked down to the cross country course. My original plan had been to film at the Water Jump but when I walked the course it had been fenced off due to the frozen water:


So I carried on up to the highest point of the course which the runners would all pass some multiple times:



Even though the temperature was around freezing point I was out of the wind and could enjoy the view without wearing a coat:



The first race was going to be under 13s and they would be approaching my vantage point up this hill:


So I set myself up to capture the action:


It wasn't long before the 8 to 12 year olds came up the hill towards me:


There was a bit of pause before the next race as they counted the younger ones in before counting out the under 15s. They had to do a slightly longer route and as you can see they got a bit mixed up at the top:


The final junior race was the under 17s and they had to complete both the under 15 and under 13 routes:


The seniors and under 21s then had their turn (video not yet uploaded) before the race was over:


Roll on next week at Cunswick Scar and I hope it stays as dry and sunny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message