Sunday 23 October 2016

#CountryKids More Pokemon Go fun in Kendal #WhateverTheWeather

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
Monkey and Mouse


After our first attempt at a Pokemon Go YouTube video:



... we have stuck to taking long walks at the weekends but haven't done any more videoing yet. We are working towards a virtual runner Pokemon medal by walking for several hours each time and hatching lots of eggs. Our favourite route takes us through the cemetery:



and up to the castle:


There are enough Pokestops at the top to make it worth the climb:


I am usually allowed time to appreciate the view too:


There are also usually a few Pokemon up on the hill and on Saturday we caught our first Wartotle as we walked back down:


Back down at Gooseholme we have a few favourite Pokestops as well as a Gym at the church, it was funny as my son briefly sneaked into the gym when a man around the corner had done all the work. The river is very low at the moment but the weir is still pretty noisy:


I love it when the air is so still that you get almost perfect reflections above the weir between the bridges:


We always combine a bit of shopping in town with our walk before heading back out past the Parish Church:


Our 10 k egg still hadn't hatched so we walked to the supermarket and then partially back in to town to get a takeaway.. Still no joy:


So after dinner we walked to the end of our street to be disappointed when it hatched:



Today we set off with a 2k egg back on the same route. This time I took my proper camera to capture the autumnal scenes like this one:


The sight of holly made my son get excited for Christmas:


We are so very lucky in our local area with popular and well maintained routes:



As we approached the actual castle my son told me the egg was ready to hatch. It was so much more exciting than the 10 k egg as it produced a Pikachu:


At the bottom of the castle we have what my son calls spider mania in the hedge along the footpath:


Then we come across the Little Library (and every time my son reminds me we ought to add to it!):


It is lovely to see some of the old fashioned mile posts on the roadside:


Back at Gooseholme even my son decided it was too cold for a gym battle so he just collected the Pokestops:


The wind prevented the gorgeous reflections but wasn't stopping the repairs on Victoria Bridge:


Back into town and I have been wondering all weekend who did this on the pedestrian crossing:


Into the market place and this signpost to show us approximately how far away my daughter is at the moment in Florida...


After a few more Pokestops I persuaded my son that a cafe stop was in order to warm up a little bit:


After a milkshake and cake he was bouncing with energy. Here he is leaping up to hit the signpost:


Catching a Mr Mime also made him happy (we seem to get lots in Kendal):


To add some distance we nipped into the Brewery and I finally noticed the Beatrix Potter references in the mural under the arch:


On a warmer day we have stopped in the beer garden with a Pokemon lure but today it was a case of grabbing Pokestops and then keeping moving:


We don't always walk in this side of the street so I had a chance to look closer at some of the historical pieces of Kendal's pubs and buildings:




Then we headed to Abbott Hall Park which again has four Pokestops to collect:






With a gym battle on offer we headed over the river instead of taking our normal route home:



Unfortunately some network glitches and a low battery prevented my son from victory:


We had to take the quickest route home along the canal before the battery ran out...




Watch out for more Pokemon adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message