Saturday 13 December 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Better late than never! #R2BC

Ojos World

Thank you Jo for hosting the linky for December. Hopefully people will find plenty of reasons to be cheerful in this festive season! Slightly belatedly here are mine for this week:

1) Teaching

Finished my first formal teaching practice. Been a bit of a roller coaster but ready for next placement in the New Year in the infants. I even got a Christmas present of a homemade sticky toffee pudding from a pupil!

2) Christmas Plays

The play I have helped to put on went fantastically over its to performances this week. So pleased that everyone's hard work was worth it:


My children had their show over two nights and I saw the final performance from the front row. With one in year 6 she had a major speaking role:


Little brother in his junior debut was a dancing chimney sweep:


Very proud of all them and the entire cast and crew!

3) Christmas party fun

I was out last night with my university colleagues to celebrate the end of placement and Christmas with a festive dinner. It was just down the road from my house so I could walk there. We had a lovely evening with good company, great food and a disco. We even had a secret Santa. My daughter just screamed in angst when she saw what I got:


At least it will be safe in the staffroom!



3 comments:

  1. Lovely reasons, hope you enjoy your next placement as much as this one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for Blue Sky15 December 2014 at 08:40

    The pictures of your children are just wonderful! I'm sure that there were lots of proud mummy moments that night xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done your children! They look great. I've been around the school a lot, because of my youngest, and I've loved it so much. I can see why you want to teach x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message