Friday 9 November 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Supervet, Proud Mum and Blackpool Illuminations #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart 

I am running late joining in with Michelle this week as I've just been so busy! So much to be cheerful for as its been my son's 12th birthday. So much else too so here are a few highlights:

1) School Bakeoff

Some amazing cakes at the school cake sale and bake off with a bonfire night theme:

Bonfire night cake

2) Super Vet

I had won tickets to the National Pet Show and took my daughter. She was delighted not only to meet lots of gorgeous animals but to hear and meet the Super Vet Professor Noel Fitzpatrick. I queued for an hour and half to get her book autographed:


Super Vet Professor Noel Fitzpatrick

3) Proud Mum

My son had his first Sportshall athletics competition as an under 13. He was competing against athletes a school year above him. So creditable to get a 5th, 7th and 10th against the whole of Lancashire:


Sportshall athletics

4) Blackpool Illuminations

We discovered that for the first time the Illuminations had been extended into November (think it was due to some school half terms). My first visit for 30 years and my son's first. He wasn't too impressed about sitting in traffic for 1 hour and 20 minutes though!


Blackpool Illuminations

5) The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

This is the class text for the half term. I've enjoyed introducing my pupil to one of my favourite childhood stories. We are making a comic strip to retell the story but here was one of my sketches:

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

I look forward to reading everyone else's posts:


4 comments:

  1. Ohh I'd like to go and see the illuminations, but its such a long way from here. That bonfire cake looks ace, have a great weekend. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that bonfire cake is amazing. I also love the Christmas lights. We even have them here in Jerusalem thought they are for Hanuka mainly. Have another good week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted you got to the National Pet Show with your daughter and well done to your son on his athletic achievements x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh looks like a lovely National Trust Property to visit. Maybe one day but its around 3 hours from us!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message