Thursday 18 July 2013

Reasons to be cheerful: Royal edition

 

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

I am amazed how many things Michelle found to be cheerful about just from one day this week! Then again mine are all from yesterday's royal visit by Her Majesty the Queen and the Princess Royal to Kendal. I am very much a royalist so I was glad their visit worked out as being when I wasn't in work. This is mostly a pictorial edition:

Crowds gathered from about 9 to get a good vantage point:

 

 

There were plenty of flag waving/screaming school children though some got tired of waving flags after an hour's wait:

 

As we were down hill it was hard to tell if things were starting to happen but there were plenty of local big wigs and soldiers around whilst we waited:

 

Eventually we got a tantalising glimpse of Her Majesty in a bright turquoise outfit:

She was doing a proper good Royal walkabout with Princess Anne following behind.

 

After what seemed like forever the Royal Party headed down the hill closer to us to receive their bouquets:

 

Just as we thought we were going to get really close thebroyalncar turned up:

 

 

So we had to make do with pictures through the car windows as they passed us:

 

 

It was an amazing atmosphere and the soldiers on parade got a huge round of applause as they marched off:

 

Made me proud to be British!

 

 

14 comments:

  1. What a fantastic experience, I would love to have seen something like this. The photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all excited when I saw your instagram pics!! You reallly captured some fantastic shots xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! glad I touted my proper camera to my opticians appointment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh how exciting, I bet you had a fabulous time. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing the Royals. It amazes me how the Queen keeps going at her age, it must be exhausting! And she looks so lovely doesnt she x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures, what a great day you must have had, hope you didnt suffer too much in the heat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for Blue Sky19 July 2013 at 22:27

    Real sense of an exciting day from these great pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to change clothes for work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is really exciting. I am a sucker for the Royals, although don't tell anyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your secret is safe with me ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message