So what puts a smile on my face and a glow in my heart?
- Snuggles in bed with my gorgeous children. There is something about their warm little bodies cuddling up to me under the duvet.
- The sound of my children giggling and laughing at whatever has taken their fancy. It's spontaneous and natural and wants to make me join in.
- A mug of freshly brewed real coffee, especially if it's been made for me by my daughter as I'm lying in bed on a Saturday morning. This is my favourite Emma Bridgewater mug which sums up 2 of my loves in one:
- Reading a good book, especially historical fiction or fantasy, without any interruptions. Normally this only takes place after the kids are in bed.
- A glass of fine wine such as Merlot, Pinot Grigio or Champagne. Preferably in the company of someone else who appreciates good quality vino.
- Spending time with the people I love and care about and who love and care about me. No need to act or pretend just enjoy their company.
- A walk in the countryside with just the noises from nature and the sight of the beautiful British landscape.
- The way my kids run to greet me when I pick them up from school / nursery.
- The feeling of climbing into bed when the sheets have just been changed. They are just so smooth and fresh.
- Getting a good report about my children from school. Knowing that they are doing well makes me feel like one very proud and happy mummy.
OK so now I hand over the baton to: